Thursday, June 16, 2011

Single mother sells handwritten letter from Obama

destiny-mathisHobart, Indiana - The 26-year-old, Destiny Mathis, was an avid campaigner for Mr Obama in 2008, getting T-shirts made and encouraging people in her neighborhood to vote. She said: ‘I campaigned for him hard. I got the shirts made, the Barack the Vote shirts made. We’ve done a lot.’ It was about half way into the President’s term that things took a downward spiral for her. Her third baby was born prematurely with health problems and with limited daycare options she could no longer work. Her partner also left around this time.She said: ‘I am just a little bit weary of the promises that (Obama) has made. I really haven’t been seeing any kind of changes that affect me directly. ‘We need the money so we can move into something that’s compatible with the kids and to help us out. We are really, really struggling. It’s hard for us right now.  More

0 comments: